The Dirt Bike Kid (1985)


Man, I sure miss Scott!  Been around the kids a lot so kicking is on hold while bikes are in!  I remember this joint from back in the day and wanted to see if it lived up to my memories.  Did it?  I don't know, maybe. I tuned the movie out after a while.  Our protagonist is a loser with no money and a single mom.  He blows the grocery money on what turns out to be a magical dirt bike.  His mom is mad and tries to sell it back.  Fail!  There's a nefarious large banker in this film, trying to tear down the town hot dog stand.  That's really messed up.  It's up to protagonist, his dorky friend, and a few others to reveal a banking scheme and throw down on this banker!  Honestly, it's just fair.  I missed BMX tricks so I better unearth some other family gems with real bikes, not these gas guzzlers that fly and are semi-autonomous.  Oh yeah, if you're old like me you'll recognize Protagonist as Peter Billlingsley, most famous from a Christmas Story (1983).  As an aside, both Christmas Story and (Disney's Micky Mouse) Christmas Carol came out at the same time.  My dad took me to Christmas Carol at Watts Mill theatre in the Kansas City area, and we left the 'cause I told him it was the WRONG MOVIE DAD.  Anyways, dad's still around now and owns a dirt bike.  Better take it for a spin!

Comments